It’s funny isn’t it, we haven’t been to a wedding for years and then get two within a few months. Unfortunately, I wasn’t well enough to attend this one but I did get to try out a new card idea.
This Happily Ever After stamp by Anita Jeram is very detailed. It’s great if you love colouring however, I wanted to try it out using minimal colouring. First, I heat embossed the stamp using white powder onto vellum.
I coloured the back of the bunting with my Copic markers and also stamped and coloured the bride and groom mice onto Neenah Solar White card (my favourite for Copic colouring), cutting them out with the coordinating die.
After adding some decorative die cutting on top and bottom, the panel was glued to the card base. The difficulty with vellum is that glue shows through. I added plenty of glue under the bride and groom and a tiny dot into all four corners that could be covered with an embellishment.
As I hadn’t added a sentiment to the front, I did more stamping on the inside panel. The images were stamped using 2nd generation inks so that they can be written over. The sentiments were stamped in Blackberry Bliss ink to match the mat layer.
The final stage was to mount the panel onto a white card base and add some embellishments. The bride and groom were glued in place and I used some enamel hearts to cover the glue dots in the corners. Rhinestones and tiny sequins were also glued on for added sparkle.
Do you remember the wedding invitations from a few weeks ago? This week’s blog post is the card I made for the actual wedding. For my card, I used Waffle Flowers Slim Lacy Layers Dies and Colorado Craft Company Happily Ever After stamps and dies.
After cutting out the white layer, I decorated it by blending through a randomly placed heart template.
Next, I stamped the bride and groom and a selection of flowers and coloured them with Copic markers.
The final job was heat embossing the sentiment and assembling the elements. I glued the flowers onto the card but popped the couple up on foam squares. Lastly, I added a few white heart embellishments around the bride and groom.
Lastly, I used the smaller stamps to make the card for the gift vouchers. This card was not as wide as the slimline dies so the panels were cut down using the partial die-cutting technique.
Towards the end of last year, my friend asked me if I would help her with her wedding invitations. I was really honoured to be asked! She and her fiancé didn’t really have any ideas with regard to the style of invitations but that their wedding colour would be purple. After trawling Pinterest to see what is fashionable now, I made 8 invitations for the couple to choose from. Some were stamped, some were from Cricut’s project library and some I designed from scratch. I was so chuffed when they chose my own design.
My design was based on the bride and groom’s initials and an ampersand, all woven together. I used my Cricut to cut these out of purple card and also cut out the initials themselves from silver card.
Since the card would be a gatefold, I wanted a belly band to hold the card closed. This was decorated with a glitter heart and some purple and white ribbon.
The wording for the inside was done on the computer and printed out. After being cut to size, I heat embossed a repeating silver leaf pattern all around the edge.
The envelopes had the same silver leaf embossing to match.
The back of each gate was covered with a piece of velum and the initials glued onto the front.
It was quite a nerve-wracking experience making these invitations – even more so than when Mr L and I made our own – I don’t think I’ll be going into the wedding invitations business any time soon!! However, I love the fact that the bride and groom have their very own unique and personal invitations to send to their guests. And that makes me happy! 😊