My challenge to myself this week was to make a masculine card. I used the skeleton leaves from Stampin’ Up! Rooted In Nature for my background design but didn’t fancy the trees as the focal image. Instead I opted to make the sentiment the focal image and add interest with texture with heat and dry embossing.
First, I random stamped the skeleton leaves with Versamark, added copper whisperembossing powder and heat set. Texture 1 complete!
The second texture was created by using copper glimmer paper and the hammered metal 3D embossing folder. The third was Old Olive paper and the Subtle embossing folder.
Many of the Stampin’ Up! sentiments are quite scripty and not necessarily what I would use for a bloke’s card; I prefer thick brush script or block lettering. Instead, I used an Avery Elle set which always makes me smile. I stamped with Early Espresso ink and then applied clear embossing powder over the top to give some extra oomph since it was the focal element.
The last job was to assemble, using lots of wet glue to glue those textures together. I added a small strip from the Old Olive layer and popped the sentiment up on dimensionals.
Images © 2020 Stampin’ Up!