Heart Turnabout

My energy levels have been seriously depleted since my surgery last October.  It’s been really difficult just getting through each day so the tank’s been empty when I’ve tried to get creating.   So, when I saw this stamp, I figured it just designs itself, all I’ve got to think of are the colours.  The stamp is from Concord and 9th and they have a range of these turnabout stamps, designed to be used with a stamping platform.

Starting with a 5¾” square piece of card, I stamped my first colour.

The card was then rotated 90° and stamped 3 more times.  You can use whatever colours you fancy, maybe adding a layer of embossing powder for some extra bling.

Since the stamped backgrounds were essentially the card, I wanted the sentiment to be the focal image so used Happy, Happy, Happy from Lawn Fawn, heat embossed in white onto black card.

The sentiment was mounted onto a stitched circle die-cut and the card finished with a few sequins.  I love this pastel version!

Hearts stamped in Stampin’ Up! inks: Seaside Spray, So Saffron, Rococo Rose and Mint Macaron

This bright version was for a male friend so, rather than sequins, I added a little silver twine around the panel.

Hearts stamped using Stampin’ Up! inks: Pacific Point, So Saffron, Poppy Parade and Garden Green

This one in shades of blue was for Mr L.  The ‘husband’ was cut using my Cricut and I added some silver twine and heart rhinestones over a few of the stamped hearts.

Hearts stamped with Stampin’ Up! Pacific Point, Seaside Spriay and Smoky Slate, with silver embossing powder

These last 2 cards were made using the off-cuts from the A4 sheet.  I only stamped 3 times as I quite like the less busy look but added embossing powder to one of the turns.

Hearts stamped in Blackberry Bliss and Lovely Lipstick, with silver embossing powder added to the left panel, copper to the right.

Happy New Home

This week, my sister and brother-in-law moved from 120 miles away to ‘cup-of-tea distance’ (7 miles) away!  I haven’t lived this close to my sister for just over 30 years so I’m very happy indeed to have her nearby again.  This week’s post is the new home card that I made for them.

To begin, I cut a house from the Home Together die set a couple of times together with a panel to fit behind the heart hole.  I glued these layers together and added a red glitter heart into the hole.

Next was my background and I used the Detailed Hearts die.  I cut one in white and another in Smoky Slate as I wanted to inlay some of the hearts with white and grey.  This die cuts out loads of hearts – handy for a shaker card!

My greeting was next.  I have no ‘new home’ sentiment stamps and the home related ones I do have say Congrats.  Eugh! – I hate Congrats!!  So, I’d have to make my own.  I wanted to say ‘Happy New Home’ so I used the happy from a happy birthday die.  A quick tip for die cutting.  I’ve had this die for many years.  The more modern dies seem to release easier but this one holds on to the card so well that the cut-out often rips when trying to get it out of the die.  If you have dies like this, add a layer of wax paper between the die and the card and it will release much easier.

For my sentiment panel, I cut out a small rectangle, rounded the corners, adhered the glitter ‘happy’ and then wrote in ‘new home’.  I then glued the house onto the rectangle.

The heart panel was mounted onto a grey card base and the sentiment popped up on foam dimensionals with some silver thread underneath.

Glitzy Golden Forest

This week’s star of the show is the Stampin’ Up! Evergreen Forest 3D embossing folder.  It’s super detailed and has so much dimension that it deserves to be the focal point of the card.  I paired it with the new Brushed Metallic cardstock for added glitz!

To begin, I embossed a top layer of white card and a skinnier panel of metallic card.  I deliberately made my metallic panel longer so that I’d have some wiggle room when assembling the two together.

As the embossing is so deep, it’s easy to ‘feel’ when the panels are aligned and the branches match.  Once aligned, I glued first the top half, holding the bottom in place, then lifted the bottom to adhere that.  I used lots of liquid glue to get into all the nooks and crannies of the trees.  Once dry, I trimmed off the excess metallic card.

I wanted a pop of colour on the card so I applied a strip of adhesive tape across the panel to attach some coordinating ribbon.

Lastly, I mounted the panel onto a Cherry Cobbler mat layer and then onto the Smoky Slate card base, adding the greeting.

Since I had three colours of brushed metallic card, I had to make three cards. This one is in more traditional colours comprising Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green.

The last one is copper with Pretty Peacock and Night of Navy.

 

 

Images © 2020 Stampin’ Up!