Multi-Layered Stamping

When I first started card making, I was completely flummoxed as to how these kinds of cards were created!  Little did I know that it’s actually quite straight forward and just requires some precise cutting of layers but looks super impressive.

I started off cutting my layers, mats and card base as follows:

The next job is to use temporary adhesive to stack up the layers to be stamped.  I used a tiny bit of snail adhesive that I patted on my clothes a few times to reduce the stickiness as the layers will need to be taken apart again later without damaging them.

I stamped the greeting onto the front panel and then used an All Adorned stamp (from Sale-A-Bration) and Sahara Sand ink for background interest.  As I wanted a light background pattern, I used second generation stamping by stamping off first onto scrap paper and then stamping onto the card layer.  I found it necessary to press a little harder that usual to get down the ‘drops’ at the edge of the layers.  There was a slight break in the stamping but this would be covered by the mat layers so no need to panic!

The next step was to add the coloured focal element.  I used the rose from Forever Lovely and Lovely Lipstick ink.  Once this stage was complete, the layers were pulled apart again ready for mounting onto the mats.

A good point to remember is to ensure you don’t inadvertently turn a piece the wrong way up! The images should line up either side of the mat layers. I stuck the largest layer onto the card base, then mounted the top and second layers onto their respective mats.

The top piece was adhered to the centre of the second layer and I added a contrasting ribbon for some added interest.  This layer was then mounted onto the card base using dimensional foam pieces.

This card features the large rose from Frosted Bouquet and Bermuda Bay ink.

The card liner was also stamped with the same design for a coordinated look.

Another version of Frosted Bouquet and Lovely Lipstick on Smoky Slate.

 

 

 

 

Images © 2019 Stampin’ Up!

 

Hello Cupcake!

My challenge to myself this week was to make a card using colours that I don’t normally reach for.  I like purple, grey, green and blue so tend to use those frequently and the other colours don’t get a look in. So, I decided to use some new purchases: Bermuda Bay, Lovely Lipstick and Sahara Sand.  I also used Very Vanilla cardstock too instead of my usual white, together with my new Buffalo Check background stamp and one of my prizes from a couple of weeks ago, Hello Cupcake.

The biggest job was working out the dimensions of the parts of the card as this is my first one of this design.  Once that was complete, the actual card only took about 15 minutes to create so it’s a great option for putting into card packs or making multiples.

For this card I used:

Sahara Sand:  card base4⅛” x 8⅝” (scored at 5¾”) and mat layer 4¼” x 2¾”

Very Vanilla: liner 5½” x 3⅞”, card front 4” x 2½”, mat layer 2⅝” x 3⅞” (you could use some DSP for this piece instead), sentiment 1¾” x 2”

First, I did all the stamping.  I did change my mind about the sentiment colour when it came to assembling the card as the Bermuda Bay didn’t stand out enough and had to stamp again using Lovely Lipstick – you can’t always tell these things until you’re at that stage!

I stamped the sprinkles down the liner edge and used the blender pen and some ink from the pad to colour them and then stamped the heart in pink to add a little pop of colour.

Once all the stamping was done, it was simply a case of sticking the pieces into place.

I fussy cut the icing so that I could pop it up on dimensionals.

On the smallest piece I cut the end using the Triple Banner Punch and then stamped the sentiment and cut it to size.  It seemed a little bare so I found an offcut of ribbon in a complimentary colour to wrap around the top.  This was adhered using dimensionals.

And that’s all there is to it!

 

 

 

Images © 2019 Stampin’ Up!