For my cards this week, I used the top half of the Stampin’ Up! Banner Blooms die to create a silhouette style card.
Whilst it’s possible to make this card using plain card, I wanted to add some dimension to mine so blended some inks onto my Bermuda Bay panel and then spritzed with some Frost White Shimmer Paint for a bit of shine.
Next, I die-cut the banner blooms from Whisper White card together with my sentiment from the Well Written dies set and glued them in place, cutting off any excess from the banner die.
Since I had used Night of Navy ink, I used a navy mat layer and mounted on a white card base to tie all the elements together and finished with a few navy gemstones.
For my second card, I wanted to try a warmer colour palette and used Crushed Curry as a base and used black card for my blooms and sentiment. Again, I added a few rhinestones for a bit of bling.
This week’s technique is one I saw Amanda, from Inspiring Inkin’, demonstrating on Facebook. I can’t resist a bit of masking and ink blending so this corner masking technique was right up my street.
To begin, I masked one corner of the card front. I used Post-it notes.
Next, I blended a couple of complimentary colours onto the card. I started on the mask with my darker colour and then switched to the lighter shade, blending that out to almost nothing onto the white card.
The last step was to remove the masks and stamp the images and sentiment.
Such a fun, simple technique to do and adaptable to all occasions…. including Christmas…. there it is, I’ve said it already!
There are lots of rainbows around at the moment, not the meteorological kind but ones created to celebrate the work of the NHS during the pandemic. This made me think of doing a rainbow-themed card for my blog this week. I used the leaf cluster from Rooted in Nature as my feature image whilst the large sentiment from the same set was the focal point.
To begin, I stamped the sentiment just left of centre.
Next, I stamped the leaf image seven times, changing between the rainbow colours each time.
Since I had decided to use a Pacific Point card base, I decorated the liner and envelope with the leaves stamped in the same colour.
To complete the card, the front panel was mounted on a black layer before being adhered to the card base.