Following a tidy up of my craft room, I realised that I have so many stamp sets and dies that I bought ages ago that have been either rarely, or never, used so I’m making an effort to give them some love. This week’s post features a first outing for the Lawn Fawn Love Letters stamp set.
To create a background of envelopes, I had in mind that I’d do it with my stamp positioner. However, on starting using that, it was clear that it was going to be a complete faff so I just stamped them free hand instead. I used MFT Hybrid ink as it’s Copic-friendly.
I coloured the hearts in a rainbow pattern with my Copic markers. For some accent pieces, I stamped and fussy cut some envelopes and a sentiment from Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy.
The sentiment was mounted onto two of the envelopes and popped up on foam tape.
To finish, the other two accent envelopes were adhered using foam squares and an enamel heart embellishment added to the open envelope. A little blob of clear Nuvo Drops was added to each heart to finish and the panel mounted onto a black mat and a red card base.
My energy levels have been seriously depleted since my surgery last October. It’s been really difficult just getting through each day so the tank’s been empty when I’ve tried to get creating. So, when I saw this stamp, I figured it just designs itself, all I’ve got to think of are the colours. The stamp is from Concord and 9th and they have a range of these turnabout stamps, designed to be used with a stamping platform.
Starting with a 5¾” square piece of card, I stamped my first colour.
The card was then rotated 90° and stamped 3 more times. You can use whatever colours you fancy, maybe adding a layer of embossing powder for some extra bling.
Since the stamped backgrounds were essentially the card, I wanted the sentiment to be the focal image so used Happy, Happy, Happy from Lawn Fawn, heat embossed in white onto black card.
The sentiment was mounted onto a stitched circle die-cut and the card finished with a few sequins. I love this pastel version!
This bright version was for a male friend so, rather than sequins, I added a little silver twine around the panel.
This one in shades of blue was for Mr L. The ‘husband’ was cut using my Cricut and I added some silver twine and heart rhinestones over a few of the stamped hearts.
These last 2 cards were made using the off-cuts from the A4 sheet. I only stamped 3 times as I quite like the less busy look but added embossing powder to one of the turns.
This week, a parcel from Stampin’ Up! was delivered so I got to play with some goodies from the new catalogue. I really liked the look of the ‘Nothing’s Better Than’ stamp set and thought it would make a great card designed to look like a graffitied wall, albeit quite posh graffiti!
First, I stamped my image and writing in black ink.
Next, I used the block coffee cup to add some colour to the image. I didn’t want a plain colour so applied Pool Party and Pretty Peacock using sponge daubers to give an ombre look.
To get card looking like a wall, I ran the piece through my Big Shot in a brickwork embossing folder.
The final stage was to mount the front onto a black layer and then a Bermuda Bay card base. I stamped the coffee cup on the liner and envelope to finish.
For my second card, I used a cocktails theme, and did the same ombre inking for the drink, using So Saffron and Poppy Parade.