For my Easter cards this year, I used the Anita Jeram Happy Easter stamp set, by Colorado Craft Company and Bunny Friends by Penny Black. Those bunnies are so cute!
First, after stamping with waterproof ink, I completed the pictures with some watercolour painting.
The card bases are from a pad of pre-scored patterned card. The polka dots make a fun background for the images.
The watercolour finish was quite muted and I wanted to see how differently they’d look coloured with more intense colours. I stamped with MFT hybrid ink and also stamped the same image onto some masking paper. After applying the masking paper, I blended some green ink onto the ground area and used a cloud stencil and blue ink for the sky. I then removed the masking paper and coloured with my Copic markers.
To extend the scene, I sketched in some silver birch trees on the sides. You can see the difference in the intensity of colours between the watercolour and the Copic markers.
I did the same masking for these cards and decided on some multi-coloured plant pots for the bunnies.
Lastly, I made some milk carton style boxes to house the Easter goodies. The panels were decorated with gingham patterned paper and the recipient’s initial, some bunny ears, made with oval die cuts, and a bow, made using Avery Elle Wonky Bow die.
Here we are at the end of the 4th week of lockdown in the UK and it’s presented me with a few firsts. My first new experience was to cut Mr L’s hair! Now, I’ve never cut anyone’s hair before but I’ve watched our hairdresser cut Mr L’s hair many times. She makes it look so easy. It isn’t! It took me a while but we got there in the end and Mr L still has both ears!
My second ‘first’ was to attempt to make naan breads. I’d made my favourite dhal recipe when I noticed a naan bread recipe in the same book and, since we had all the ingredients, I though I’d have a bash. They were not quite like the restaurant ones but were delicious nonetheless.
My third ‘first’ was an introduction to a technique called Inlaid Embossing. Amanda (from Inspiring Inkin’) showed this on her Facebook crafting group this week and it looked interesting.
To begin, I used the ½”, ¾” and 1” circle punches to cut a mix of circles in 3 coordinating colours.
These were glued randomly onto my mat layer and any overhanging edges trimmed off.
I then put the pieces into embossing folders and ran them through the Big Shot to create a textured background.
I didn’t want to overwhelm the background as that was the main feature so I used some polka dot ribbon and a butterfly from Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Gala.
My second card featured burlap ribbon and a tree from Rooted in Nature.