Flower Shadow Box

At the end of last month, my in-laws celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary.  I had seen these box frame projects on Pinterest and wanted to make one in reds and purples since traditionally 40 years is a ruby anniversary.

To begin, I downloaded a flower file and cut it out on my Cricut.  It was a bit large to fit under the glass but a good practice.  After scaling it down to fit, I then cut out 25 flower templates in a mix of red, pink and purple card.

Flower templates cut from Stampin’ Up! card in Real Red, Lovely Lipstick, Melon Mambo, Cherry Cobbler, Blackberry Bliss and Rich Razzleberry

Using my bone folder, I gently curved the first 3 petals and then, using my tweezers, started rolling up the petals.  Once rolled, I released the tension slightly until the flower was the right size and then glued the base on with my hot glue gun.

The next stage was to cover the back of the shadow box with white card and then glue the flowers in place.

I used Cricut’s Design Space to make my vinyl decal, which was stuck onto the front of the glass, and then assembled the box frame.

 

Frosted Floral Farewell

It’s time for the new Stampin’ Up! catalogue and I’m sad to say that a lot of my favourites are out ☹ Two of my faves are the First Frost stamp set and coordinating Frosted Bouquet dies.  Whilst these will be disappearing from the catalogue, they’ll not be leaving my personal collection any time soon.  There are two cards on the post this week, the second one was inspired by the liner of the first! Just goes to show that inspiration comes from all sorts of places.

First, I stamped and die cut a selection of flower and leaf images and heat embossed the sentiment on a pretty label punch.

Elements from First Frost

I repeat stamped the thistle image on a Mint Macaron card front and dry embossed with the Layered Leaves.  At this point, I realised that the card base wouldn’t be sturdy enough so I cut it down to make the front panel of my card.

Mint Macaron card and ink.

The next job was to arrange the flowers and foliage elements around the sentiment to create my focal image.

I stamped the liner and envelope by stamping the flower and then masked the flower to stamp the leaf image.

To break up the card front, I attached a strip of burlap ribbon onto a strip of Lovely Lipstick and then mounted the focal on top.  The panel was then mounted onto a Lovely Lipstick card base to make a very colourful creation.

Whilst I was making the liner for the above card, I really liked the liner so decided to make a card using that design. I repeat stamped the flower and then masked the images whilst I stamped the foliage between.  To finish, I added a few rhinestones.

Unfortunately, when I posted these two cards, the minute I’d dropped them in the postbox, I realised that I forgot to put stamps on the envelopes.  Doh!

 

 

Images © 2020 Stampin’ Up!

This Little Piggy

It was Valentine’s Day on Friday and whilst we don’t buy big presents or go out and get fleeced for a distinctly average meal, I do enjoy making a card for Mr L.  He generally gets his crafting on and asks for access to my craft room to make me a card too – which I LOVE! I don’t get many handmade cards.  I’ve just got the This Little Piggy set and thought it would be perfect to use for my card using the mirror stamping technique.  I wrote a blog post last March on how to do this technique, it’s linked at the end if you’d like a refresh.

To begin, I mirror stamped my pigs.

Next, I coloured them in using some alcohol markers and also drew in some more grass in the gap in the middle to unite the two images.

I then stamped the pig on the front and back of a post-it note and cut around them to create two masks. Note: The ink stamped on the adhesive on the back of the note stayed wet for a long time so I repeatedly pressed the adhesive part on scrap paper.

Using the bunch of hearts from Forever Lovely, I second generation stamped using Rococo Rose and Lovely Lipstick inks.  I also stamped the trio of smaller hearts from the same set and then removed the masks.

I wanted a fun, pig-based sentiment for my card so I hand lettered one.

Lastly, I mounted the piece on Lovely Lipstick and Basic Black mat layers and then onto a Real Red cardbase.  I finished by adding some epoxy heart droplets over some of the stamped hearts for some dimension and a couple of pink hearts to frame the sentiment.

 

 

Here’s the link to the mirror stamping technique:

https://craftyasl.co.uk/birthday/a-couple-of-kitty-cards/

 

 

Images © 2020 Stampin’ Up!