This week’s card is one I made after watching the fabulous Jennifer McGuire on YouTube. Her card looked so elegant so I wanted to have a go. On reflection, I think I could have done with a larger stencil that covered more of the card.
To begin, I cut a bunch of strips of various widths from 4 colours of card. This is a great way to use up some of those off-cuts!
Next, I glued the strips onto some scrap paper and trimmed the panel to the height of the card blank. With Distress Oxide Weathered Wood, I used a blending brush to stencil the Frame pattern (Sweet Poppy Stencils) centrally onto the panel and card blank.
The birthday and shadow dies are by Honey Bee Stamps and were cut from the same-coloured card as the strips and mounted onto a stitched circle die cut.
I finished the sentiment panel with some stamping.
Due to the stencil not being quite big enough, I thought the card needed a bit more interest so added rhinestones for a touch of bling.
This week’s post has been inspired by the beautiful sights of swathes of wisteria, tulips and daffodils that seem to be everywhere. I love flowers, in particular scented flowers, and I like to cut some from the garden to put in vases in the house. Just a few scented flowers in an arrangement can fragrance the whole downstairs of the house.
For this project, I used the Varied Vases stamps and the matching punch.
The vase options are an outline to colour in yourself, solid or a patterned style. I opted for the patterned style and stamped them in Bermuda Bay ink and then punched them out.
After stamping the scalloped edging, I roughly positioned the vases so I knew where to stamp the flowers that would be in the vases. The flowers have an outline stamp that you can colour in or there is a matching solid stamp to fill them in, which is what I used with Cherry Cobbler ink.
The card was finished by stamping the sentiments and mounting onto a Bermuda Bay card base.
This is a similar design but in landscape format with Mint Macaron and Lovely Lipstick.
My third card was made by stamping the vase outline onto some Gingham Gala DSP and punching it out. To give the vase a different look, I overlaid a layer of velum on top. The punch cuts out the tulip flower and leaf so I stamped and punched those using Tuxedo Black, Lemon Lime Twist and Lovely Lipstick inks and attached the leaves to the back of the vase. I then drew round the vase arrangement lightly with pencil onto a piece of Whisper White so that I could stamp the other tulip leaves, flowers and stems.
I then stamped the scalloped edging at the bottom of the vase and the sentiment to the right. Once the ink was dry, the pencil line was erased and the piece was cut out using a scalloped oval die. The vase was mounted using dimensionals and a mini dimensional was used under the single tulip head to give a 3D element to the arrangement. The piece was mounted onto a layer of Lemon Lime Twist card that had been textured using the Layered Leaves embossing folder and a piece of the polka dot tulle ribbon.