Puss Patronus

As you know, I’m a great lover of cats so, this stencil on Sweet Poppy Stencils’ website immediately called to me.  It’s called Faith and I think it has a very calm, serene feel to it.  I planned on using my Mooch silhouette with it but hadn’t envisaged it looking like a patronus from Harry Potter!

I thought I’d make two cards but in different colours to see which looked best.  First, I used my blending brushes and Rococo Rose and Pretty Peacock inks, plus a touch of Smoky Slate, through the stencil.

Next, I stamped Mooch and then grounded him by using my hillside mask and blending some grey ink.  I added another hillside slightly paler and then some mountains, paler still, to give the illusion of depth.

Trees were stamped either side and I used the tops of the trees for bushes in the foreground.  I used the Star Cluster and heart Fairy Charm as the focal point for Mooch’s gaze.  These were stamped in Versafine Claire Glamorous and Sea Breeze as they were the same tone as the blended colours but stood out more.

A few Nuvo drops were added, together with a little glitter.  I went  over the heart with Nuvo drops in a thick layer to give the heart dimension.

To finish framing the piece, I stamped leaves around the edges and also blended some grey though the Feather Leaf stancil and black around the edges to draw the eye into the centre. 

Which is your favourite? The pink or the green?  I love them both!

Cricutting Christmas

Have you made all your Christmas cards yet? Every year, I think I’ll make a few each month so that by December, I can just write and send.  It never works out like that. I did make two in January but then didn’t make any more until October or November and ended up ‘panic crafting’ in December.  The trouble with that is, it’s not always much fun.  Maybe I’ll do better next year…?

In the Black Friday sale, I purchased a few cutting files to use with my Cricut Maker machine to create some Christmas cards so I have not one, but six, cards to share with you this week.  To begin, here’s a card I made last year when I didn’t know much about cutting files!  I used the Cricut to write the skinny letters and draw the holly and cut out the big words in metallic vinyl.

This next one was a free download called minimalist trees.  I switched the stars from the original as I prefer 5-pointed stars.  The infills made a bonus tag!

My sister loves the gnomes, or gonks as they’re called where we grew up.  As soon as I saw this file, I thought it’d be perfect for her card.  This design was cut from self-adhesive vinyl.

I loved how the gnomes turned out so used one of them for Mr L’s card.  The lettering was cut from vinyl but the gnome is cut from card and popped up on some foam tape.

His beard is flocked card so it’s a little bit furry!  I added some glitter Nuvo drops onto the hearts to give them some dimension.

This next card was for our neighbours so I wanted to have houses on it.  The original houses in the cutting file were too intricate to cut for a small project like this so I created a roof line silhouette instead. The background was ink blended with Distress Oxides and spritzed with water which gives a lovely starry night sky look.

I also added a spray of Perfect Pearls mixed with isopropyl alcohol to give the background some shine.  It’s tricky to photograph but here’s a close up.

Lastly, a nativity scene, again with an inked background.  For this one, I wanted the light from the star shining on the stable to be the focal point.

I hope you’re not having to do too much panic crafting for Christmas and, instead, can enjoy the creative process.

A Very Mice Wedding

Do you remember the wedding invitations from a few weeks ago?  This week’s blog post is the card I made for the actual wedding.  For my card, I used Waffle Flowers Slim Lacy Layers Dies and Colorado Craft Company Happily Ever After stamps and dies.

After cutting out the white layer, I decorated it by blending through a randomly placed heart template.

Next, I stamped the bride and groom and a selection of flowers and coloured them with Copic markers.

The final job was heat embossing the sentiment and assembling the elements.  I glued the flowers onto the card but popped the couple up on foam squares.  Lastly, I added a few white heart embellishments around the bride and groom.

Lastly, I used the smaller stamps to make the card for the gift vouchers.  This card was not as wide as the slimline dies so the panels were cut down using the partial die-cutting technique.