Happily Ever After

It’s funny isn’t it, we haven’t been to a wedding for years and then get two within a few months.  Unfortunately, I wasn’t well enough to attend this one but I did get to try out a new card idea.

This Happily Ever After stamp by Anita Jeram is very detailed.  It’s great if you love colouring however, I wanted to try it out using minimal colouring.  First, I heat embossed the stamp using white powder onto vellum.

I coloured the back of the bunting with my Copic markers and also stamped and coloured the bride and groom mice onto Neenah Solar White card (my favourite for Copic colouring), cutting them out with the coordinating die.

After adding some decorative die cutting on top and bottom, the panel was glued to the card base.  The difficulty with vellum is that glue shows through.  I added plenty of glue under the bride and groom and a tiny dot into all four corners that could be covered with an embellishment.

As I hadn’t added a sentiment to the front, I did more stamping on the inside panel.   The images were stamped using 2nd generation inks so that they can be written over.  The sentiments were stamped in Blackberry Bliss ink to match the mat layer.

The final stage was to mount the panel onto a white card base and add some embellishments.  The bride and groom were glued in place and I used some enamel hearts to cover the glue dots in the corners.  Rhinestones and tiny sequins were also glued on for added sparkle.

A Very Mice Wedding

Do you remember the wedding invitations from a few weeks ago?  This week’s blog post is the card I made for the actual wedding.  For my card, I used Waffle Flowers Slim Lacy Layers Dies and Colorado Craft Company Happily Ever After stamps and dies.

After cutting out the white layer, I decorated it by blending through a randomly placed heart template.

Next, I stamped the bride and groom and a selection of flowers and coloured them with Copic markers.

The final job was heat embossing the sentiment and assembling the elements.  I glued the flowers onto the card but popped the couple up on foam squares.  Lastly, I added a few white heart embellishments around the bride and groom.

Lastly, I used the smaller stamps to make the card for the gift vouchers.  This card was not as wide as the slimline dies so the panels were cut down using the partial die-cutting technique.