Easter Bunnies

For my Easter cards this year, I used the Anita Jeram Happy Easter stamp set, by Colorado Craft Company and Bunny Friends by Penny Black.  Those bunnies are so cute!

First, after stamping with waterproof ink, I completed the pictures with some watercolour painting.

The card bases are from a pad of pre-scored patterned card.  The polka dots make a fun background for the images.

The watercolour finish was quite muted and I wanted to see how differently they’d look coloured with more intense colours.  I stamped with MFT hybrid ink and also stamped the same image onto some masking paper.  After applying the masking paper, I blended some green ink onto the ground area and used a cloud stencil and blue ink for the sky.  I then removed the masking paper and coloured with my Copic markers.

To extend the scene, I sketched in some silver birch trees on the sides.  You can see the difference in the intensity of colours between the watercolour and the Copic markers.

I did the same masking for these cards and decided on some multi-coloured plant pots for the bunnies.

Lastly, I made some milk carton style boxes to house the Easter goodies.  The panels were decorated with gingham patterned paper and the recipient’s initial, some bunny ears, made with oval die cuts, and a bow, made using Avery Elle Wonky Bow die.

Baby Blue Bunnies

Do you remember the bunny stencil I made for my Easter cards?  I wanted to challenge myself to use it again so when the need for a baby boy card arose, I thought that was the perfect opportunity to give it a try.

My initial plan was for a landscape card so I cut my top layer and blended blue ink onto the stencil with my blending brushes before adding heat embossed tails.

Next, after changing my mind to make the card a portrait orientation, I trimmed down the panel and layered the bunnies onto a blue mat and then a white panel, onto which I stamped the sentiment.

I blended a single bunny onto the inner mat layer and onto the envelope, as I like these to match the card front.

For the background, I used some gingham check DSP and added three rhinestones over the dots on the sentiment. 

Baby Bear

I loved making this week’s card for our friend that had her first baby recently.  I don’t have a lot of use for stamps aimed at making children’s cards but I bought the Baby Bear set as you’re never too old for a teddy bear!  This is a retired stamp set but I’ve kept mine as I really like that bear and how he comes to life with the three layers of ink.  I’ve also got a couple of handy tips on repeat stamping and extending the use of dies.

This was a bigger card than usual as I wanted it to be a square Z-fold card.  I fancied a gingham style background but didn’t have anything in my stash that was pink so used the Buffalo Check background stamp and some Rococo Rose ink.  The stamp was a little small for my background so I used the Stamparatus to do some repeat stamping.  I first stamped the check background and marked an arrow on my grid paper where the edge of the stamp came to.  Next, I moved the card so that the left-hand edge of the stamped image lined up with the arrow (1) and then stamped again (2).   This then gave me a bigger stamped image to centre my cut out.

Next, I stamped the three bear images in 1. Sahara Sand, 2. Crumb Cake and 3. Early Espresso.

To add a bit of extra dimension to him, I applied some fine-tipped glue to his nose and eyes and set aside to dry.  This gave his eyes and nose a shiny finish.

I used the sentiments from the set and a stitched rectangle die.  This worked fine for the first sentiment but was too short for the second.  However, a way to get more from your dies is to only partially cut the die by lining up the top cutting plate before the end of the die.  The Big Shot won’t cut where there’s no top plate leaving a partially cut shape.  Then simply move the die to the end of the sentiment and repeat the process on the other end of the die.

I mounted the pieces on a Rococo Rose base layer, the gingham layer and the bear on top, adorned with a pink bow.

The inside was layered the same way.  Here’s the bird’s eye view of the finished Z-fold.

 

 

 

Images © 2020 Stampin’ Up!