Buy The Shoes!

This week’s card is inspired by a box frame I saw on Pinterest which had 3 pairs of shoes in a shop window using the Stampin’ Up! Dressed To Impress stamp set.

To begin, I stamped 6 shoes on white card and 3 pairs onto patterned paper as I wanted to paper piece my shoes.  I cut the shoes out using the coordinating die and fussy cut the patterned shoes, sticking each patterned shoe onto a white background.

Next, I made my shop front.  I cut a rectangle out of a piece of card and then ran it through the Brick & Mortar embossing folder.  I attached a piece of acetate to the back to create a window and added a scalloped edge canopy over the top of the window.

Posh shoes need a shoe box and I created one using a couple of rectangles of Soft Suede card.  These were glued to a piece of white card and the shoes added on top.

The final part of construction was to adhere the shoe layer onto a Soft Suede mat layer and then glue this to the card front.  The shop front was attached using foam tape.  Lastly, I added a thin strip of patterned paper and a fun sentiment.

I used 2 pairs of shoes on the previous card (one pair were on the liner) so I quickly made this last card for my 3rd pair.  I repeat stamped the shoe image randomly on the card front, added a Highland Heather mat layer stamped around the edge with the rose image, and topped with the shoes and sentiment.

 

 

 

Images © 2020 Stampin’ Up!

Brightly Gleaming

A couple of quick cards this week made using Stampin’ Up! Brightly Gleaming set.  I wanted to create some clean and simple style cards predominantly using white and metallics.

First, I stamped two of the bauble images twice, embossed each pair in gold and silver and cut them out using the matching punches.  For my backgrounds, I wanted some texture so I embossed my card using the long-retired pine bough folder.

Next, I cut some strips of gold and silver glitter card to edge my card fronts and liners and heat embossed the sentiment from the set.

I heat embossed the smaller decoration onto the envelope and the liner and stuck the liner into the card base, adding the glitter strips to the edges.

I repeated the glitter edging on the card front pieces.

The last job was to add foam dimensionals to adhere the baubles and sentiments.

The resulting cards were simple but elegant that I’d be happy to have on my mantlepiece.

 

 

 

Images ©2019 Stampin’ Up!

Fabulous Frosted Florals

This Sunday in the UK is Mothering Sunday or Mother’s Day, so my cards this week are the ones I made for my Mum and Mum-in-law.  I’ve had the Frosted Florals set together with the matching Frosted Bouquet framelits but hadn’t got around to playing with them so I made them the star turn for this card.  I also used the Jar of Love set and matching Everyday Jars framelits.    Whilst this is a Mother’s Day card, it could easily be adapted for birthday, anniversary, thank you or get well card – indeed anything for which you’d send a bunch of flowers!  I made a birthday card earlier in the year using Lovely Lipstick, Smoky Slate and Mint Macaron and I really like these colours together so I used that colour palette here too.

Firstly, I stamped the card liner and the envelope with same designs.  I really like the thistle/teasel image (that was my reason for buying this set actually!) so that was my main focus.  I made it dual coloured by using sponge daubers to apply the ink.

Next, I stamped and die cut a bunch of flowers and foliage.  I also stamped a jar onto some velum and added some clear embossing powder to give it a ‘glassy’ look.  The great thing about velum is that you don’t need to use Versamark ink to heat emboss as regular ink stays wet for about 2½ weeks (more or less!) on velum so there’s plenty of time to get the embossing powder on there.

I die cut another jar in white card and held it in position with some temporary adhesive whilst I stamped the background foliage.  This is stamped directly onto the card front to provide some dimension and contrast to the other layers added later.

The next stage was to arrange the die cut foliage, cutting off the stems that went below the top of the jar.

The focal images of roses and thistles were added to complete arrangement.  The jar didn’t look quite right ‘floating’ in mid-air so I partially stamped the Buffalo Check to sort of resemble a tablecloth.

I put a couple of silver glitter hearts on the jar back, coloured the back of the velum jar with an alcohol marker to make the water, and then glued the velum jar top onto the white back.  A little Mint Macaron twine around the jar neck and bow completed the jar which I attached to the card with Dimensionals, ensuring the top of the jar covered over the cut edges of the stems.  The card top was mounted on Lovely Lipstick Foil and then glued to a Mint Macaron card base.  A small stitched oval stamped with the sentiment from the Tea Together completed the card.

Two cards, the same but different!

 

 

 

 

Images © 2019 Stampin’ Up!