Frosted Floral Farewell

It’s time for the new Stampin’ Up! catalogue and I’m sad to say that a lot of my favourites are out ☹ Two of my faves are the First Frost stamp set and coordinating Frosted Bouquet dies.  Whilst these will be disappearing from the catalogue, they’ll not be leaving my personal collection any time soon.  There are two cards on the post this week, the second one was inspired by the liner of the first! Just goes to show that inspiration comes from all sorts of places.

First, I stamped and die cut a selection of flower and leaf images and heat embossed the sentiment on a pretty label punch.

Elements from First Frost

I repeat stamped the thistle image on a Mint Macaron card front and dry embossed with the Layered Leaves.  At this point, I realised that the card base wouldn’t be sturdy enough so I cut it down to make the front panel of my card.

Mint Macaron card and ink.

The next job was to arrange the flowers and foliage elements around the sentiment to create my focal image.

I stamped the liner and envelope by stamping the flower and then masked the flower to stamp the leaf image.

To break up the card front, I attached a strip of burlap ribbon onto a strip of Lovely Lipstick and then mounted the focal on top.  The panel was then mounted onto a Lovely Lipstick card base to make a very colourful creation.

Whilst I was making the liner for the above card, I really liked the liner so decided to make a card using that design. I repeat stamped the flower and then masked the images whilst I stamped the foliage between.  To finish, I added a few rhinestones.

Unfortunately, when I posted these two cards, the minute I’d dropped them in the postbox, I realised that I forgot to put stamps on the envelopes.  Doh!

 

 

Images © 2020 Stampin’ Up!

A Week of Firsts

Here we are at the end of the 4th week of lockdown in the UK and it’s presented me with a few firsts.  My first new experience was to cut Mr L’s hair! Now, I’ve never cut anyone’s hair before but I’ve watched our hairdresser cut Mr L’s hair many times.  She makes it look so easy.  It isn’t!  It took me a while but we got there in the end and Mr L still has both ears!

#covidhaircut

My second ‘first’ was to attempt to make naan breads.  I’d made my favourite dhal recipe when I noticed a naan bread recipe in the same book and, since we had all the ingredients, I though I’d have a bash.  They were not quite like the restaurant ones but were delicious nonetheless.

My third ‘first’ was an introduction to a technique called Inlaid Embossing.  Amanda (from Inspiring Inkin’) showed this on her Facebook crafting group this week and it looked interesting.

To begin, I used the ½”, ¾” and 1” circle punches to cut a mix of circles in 3 coordinating colours.

These were glued randomly onto my mat layer and any overhanging edges trimmed off.

I then put the pieces into embossing folders and ran them through the Big Shot to create a textured background.

I didn’t want to overwhelm the background as that was the main feature so I used some polka dot ribbon and a butterfly from Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Gala.

My second card featured burlap ribbon and a tree from Rooted in Nature.

 

 

 

Images © 2020 Stampin’ Up!