Fabulous Frosted Florals

This Sunday in the UK is Mothering Sunday or Mother’s Day, so my cards this week are the ones I made for my Mum and Mum-in-law.  I’ve had the Frosted Florals set together with the matching Frosted Bouquet framelits but hadn’t got around to playing with them so I made them the star turn for this card.  I also used the Jar of Love set and matching Everyday Jars framelits.    Whilst this is a Mother’s Day card, it could easily be adapted for birthday, anniversary, thank you or get well card – indeed anything for which you’d send a bunch of flowers!  I made a birthday card earlier in the year using Lovely Lipstick, Smoky Slate and Mint Macaron and I really like these colours together so I used that colour palette here too.

Firstly, I stamped the card liner and the envelope with same designs.  I really like the thistle/teasel image (that was my reason for buying this set actually!) so that was my main focus.  I made it dual coloured by using sponge daubers to apply the ink.

Next, I stamped and die cut a bunch of flowers and foliage.  I also stamped a jar onto some velum and added some clear embossing powder to give it a ‘glassy’ look.  The great thing about velum is that you don’t need to use Versamark ink to heat emboss as regular ink stays wet for about 2½ weeks (more or less!) on velum so there’s plenty of time to get the embossing powder on there.

I die cut another jar in white card and held it in position with some temporary adhesive whilst I stamped the background foliage.  This is stamped directly onto the card front to provide some dimension and contrast to the other layers added later.

The next stage was to arrange the die cut foliage, cutting off the stems that went below the top of the jar.

The focal images of roses and thistles were added to complete arrangement.  The jar didn’t look quite right ‘floating’ in mid-air so I partially stamped the Buffalo Check to sort of resemble a tablecloth.

I put a couple of silver glitter hearts on the jar back, coloured the back of the velum jar with an alcohol marker to make the water, and then glued the velum jar top onto the white back.  A little Mint Macaron twine around the jar neck and bow completed the jar which I attached to the card with Dimensionals, ensuring the top of the jar covered over the cut edges of the stems.  The card top was mounted on Lovely Lipstick Foil and then glued to a Mint Macaron card base.  A small stitched oval stamped with the sentiment from the Tea Together completed the card.

Two cards, the same but different!

 

 

 

 

Images © 2019 Stampin’ Up!

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *