Still no real improvement in my arm this week so, yet again, no crafting but here’s a little project I did a few weeks ago.
Romantic themes aren’t usually my crafting style but I seem to have inadvertently gone all romantic with these tags this week! The Botanical Bliss tags dies consist of 3 tag toppers, 2 edge cutters and a leafy branch. There’s also a coordinating stamp set which has some useful sentiments. I was immediately drawn to the birds, thinking they’d look great silhouetted against an inked sky. However, since I’ve done a lot of silhouettes lately, I decided to challenge myself with the flower instead.
Rather than a straight forward strung tag, I wanted to try a folded tag. The dies are designed to be used on 2” wide strips of card for tags or bookmarks. As I wanted my card to fold, I needed the card to extend either side of the die so my card was 3” x 5½” in Bushing Bride. I marked a pencil line at 2¾” and also marked the edges of the cutting lines on the die. The lines on the die were lined up with the pencil line and the whole thing was run through the Big Shot.
I scored along the pencil line to the edge of the cut out and then erased the pencil line.
The card was then folded at the edges, making the cut area stand up.
I wanted the flower to stand out and also have a little more strength so I cut another flower from Very Vanilla. The bottom edge of this flower was then cut out using one of the edge dies in the set.
My cutting plates had marked the card quite badly so I ran it through the Scripty EF before sticking the VV flower on the front.
I decorated the front with a sentiment, some hessian ribbon and a branch cut from gold glimmer paper.
This is how the back looks, with the cut out. I used an old background stamp for the writing on the right-hand tag. I think this one would make lovely place name settings for a wedding or party. You could write guest’s menu choices on the inside.
For my second design with this flower die, I thought I’d just do a normal strung tag. I cut the design out of a 2” strip of Crumb Cake card and then drew around the top on a piece of Very Vanilla and fussy cut the shape. I marked in pencil where the edges of the flower and leaves were and added a little colour with sponge daubers.
The tag was finished by using the Scripty EF again, some gold branches and Old Olive ribbon.
Lastly, I wondered how the flower would look with inlaid pieces. The flower was cut out of Blushing Bride, inlaid with Very Vanilla petals and Old Olive leaves and mounted on Crumb Cake folded tag base. Gold branches and hessian ribbon complete the look.
So there you have it – 3 different looks from one die. My next challenge will be to use this die to make some cards. Watch this space!
Images © 2019 Stampin’ Up!